The Adonis Autism Assistance Foundation (AAAF) does not recommend, refer or endorse any resource, therapeutic method or provider listed on this site. Any information provided does not replace the advice of medical, legal or any other professionals. AAAF strongly recommends that you perform you own research with your physician, attorney’s etc. to determine which resources are appropriate for your loved one with autism. AAAF reserves the right to remove resources that have numerous complaints against them.
Autism – General – Fiction and Non-fiction
- Facing Autism: Giving Parents Reason for Hope and Guidance for Help, by Lynn M. Hamilton
- KILLERSCENT by our Adonis Board founder, Maureen Bashaw A portion of every sale will be donated to AAAF!!
- Labeled Autistic by Temple Grandin
- Louder Than Words, by Jenny McCarthy
- Reno’s World, Presenting Autism and Related Disabilities To Youth, by our very own board member Reno Williams!
- Treating Autism Parent Stories of Hope and Success edited by Stephen M. Edelson, Ph.D., and Bernard Rimland, PH.D
- Unraveling the Mystery of Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorder: A Mother’s Story of Research and Recovery, by Karyn Seroussi
- Behavioral Intervention for Young Children with Autism: A Manual for Parents and Professionals, edited by Catherine Maurice, Gina Green, and Stephen C. Luce
- Let Me Hear Your Voice – A Family’s Triumph over Autism Catherine Maurice – 1993
Biomedical Information – Beginner
- Children with Starving Brains: A Medical Treatment Guide for Autism Spectrum Disorder, by Jaquelyn McCandless, M.D
- Effective Biomedical Treatments, by Jon B. Pangborn, Ph.D. and Sidney M. Baker, M.D.
Biomedical Information – Advanced
Diet & Nutrition
- Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet, by Elaine Gottschall
- Feast Without Yeast: Four Stages to Better Health, by Bruce Semon, M.D.
- Is This Your Child? Discovering and Treating Unrecognized Allergies in Children and Adults, Doris J. Rapp, 1992
- The Low Oxalate Cookbook, by Meg Stoltzfus, Joanne Yount , Annie Gottlieb
- Special Diets for Special Kids, & Special Diets for Special Kids Two by Lisa Lewis, Ph.D.
Sensory & Therapy
- Sound of a Miracle by Annabel Stehli
- The Out of Sync Child by Carol Stock Kranowitz (she has a few others like this)
- Thinking in Picturesby Temple Grandin
- Evidence of Harm, by David Kirby
- Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective?, by Neil Z. Miller
- Vaccines, Autism and Childhood Disorders: Crucial Data that Could Save Your Child’s Life, by Neil Z. Miller
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children’s Vaccinations
by Stephanie Cave & Deborah Mitchell